As a professional and environmentally conscious organisation, we recognise that our operations have an effect on the local, regional and global environment. Consequently, we are committed to continuous improvements in environmental performance and the prevention of pollution.
It is our policy to identify environmentally friendly initiatives that we can implement to minimise any adverse effect of our operations.
As a minimum we comply with all relevant environmental laws, regulations and codes of practice to:
- train employees in environmental issues and the environmental effects of their activities
- reduce pollution, emissions and waste
- protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna
- encourage “green” initiatives
We will continually monitor and improve our practices and take all practical steps to ensure that potential hazards and risks to the environment are identified, and that suitable measures are taken to minimise any negative impact on the environment.
The following are among the procedures we encourage employees to adopt:
- don’t travel, particularly by air, where a telephone call or videoconference would achieve the same objective
- use public transport where possible
- recycle when we can – toner cartridges, waste paper (shredded to ensure confidentiality)
- switch off unused equipment and lights when not needed